Is a free, centralized subtitle database intended to be used only by opensource and non-commercial softwares.
How it works
We use a collaborative model, where users upload us subtitles that can be downloaded by other users. Using an algorithm we call SubRank, our database automatically chooses the best subtitle among all available for a video file making the download process easier. We handle all the boring stuff so you can have more time to enjoy your videos.
You cannot search or list subtitle files that are stored here. You can only access them if you know the hash of the video file that you want the subtitle for.
We have a simple API that provide an easy way to download and upload a subtitle.
Clients (newest first)
- JRiver Subtitle Plugin - A subtitle plugin for the world famous JRiver Media Center;
- DESsubdb - A command line Perl client for SubDB with download and upload support;
- Subtitle Master - Mac OS client for SubDB and others with upload support and a easy to use interface;
- RubySubDB - A Ruby client and code API that provides download and upload of subtitles to SubDB;
- Subliminal - Python module to search and download subtitles from SubDB and others;
- SubGet - Get subtitles from SubDB and other with this simple program for Linux (with PyGTK);
- Periscope - is a python module to download subtitles that supports SubDB and many others;
- Easy Subtitles - search for subtitles dragging video files directly into your browser;
- XBMC - access to tons of subtitles from SubDB and many others through XBMC Subtitles plugin;
- LegendasBaixator - is a vuze plugin that automatically downloads subtitles from SubDB;
- Pyrrot CLI - A multiplatform (should work on Windows, Linux and Mac) command line interface for SubDB, written in Python.
We have 522969 subtitles in our database, distributed between the languages:
- English: 155541
- Español: 62048
- Français: 7221
- Italiano: 924
- Nederlands: 5478
- Polski: 938
- Português (Brazil): 287379
- Român: 1292
- Svenska: 618
- Türkçe: 1530
Terms of service
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize SubDB to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
Since we don't store any info about the subtitles besides itself and a computed hash, we cannot control what users are uploading to us.
If you think that any copyright law was infringed by any subtitles we may have in our database, please, .
Check our blog/twitter and keep up to date with us.